Two memes have attracted my attention of late, so here come the answers!
Addictions
From Jen, a meme about one's top five addictions. I don't know if I have five because I'm limiting myself to needs that feel physical:
#1 (and I'm not ashamed to admit it) coffee
Good strong French or Italian roast. My favorite brand is Peet's. My sister-in-law, who for four years had access to great coffee in Costa Rica, tasted my coffee and said "Finally. Someone who likes coffee stronger than I do." I usually drink one cup a day, sometimes two, on weekdays, and (when diluted by decaf), two cups on non-work days.
#2 (weird, but I'm going with it) cats
When my beloved Juliet died, I realized just how hard it was to live without cats. I yearned for them and was making all sorts of excuses to visit cats. We had our next cat within a month.
#3 (weird if you know me) physical activity
Every morning for the past 25 years, I've done a series of strengthing and stretching exercises. I repeat a couple of them each night. I try to swim twice a week, a mile each time. We try to contra dance, walk, or both on weekends. I'm not terribly fond of physical activity, but I'm less fond of the aches and pains that quickly knock me off my balance when I get too slug-like.
#4 (kind of) chocolate
I love chocolate, preferably very dark, preferably with nuts. I could probably stop eating it any time -- really, I could, but so far have chosen not to. I eat a couple of squares a day.
OK, now that I've gotten that off my chest,
Where I slept in 2008 (at least that I'll admit to)
#1 Home, a lot. I like being home.
#2 Carpe Diem guest house, Provincetown, mid-February
#3 Cabin at dance camp, Woodstock CT, early May
#4 Sunset Farm Inn, Tyringham MA (Berkshires), mid-July
#5 Hawk Meadow Farm, Lee MA (Berkshires), early August
#6 Mountainview Grand Resort, Whitefield NH, mid-August
#7 Casa del Toro, Santa Fe NM, late September
#8 Mabel Dodge Luhan House, Taos NM, early October
#9 Airport La Quinta, Albuquerque NM, early October
#10 Becket Motel, Becket MA for late October dance camp
Robert did not accompany me to #3, spring dance camp. Then again, I did not accompany him when he visited his sister in New Jersey and his grandfather in Albuquerque. Compared to other years, we were home a lot this year. Still, we had great adventures together, as I'm sure we'll continue to do for a long time to come.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment