A few weeks ago, Juliet had a regularly scheduled appointment for cat-upuncture. I received a call saying that I needed to reschedule the appointment, and I needed to contact the vet directly on his cell phone. Huh.
It turns out that the acupunturist, who traveled around to different clinics, has started his own practice, one where he can integrate conventional medical care and complementary and alternative care. It's not too much further down the road than the original clinic, and Juliet can have the vet I had always hoped for.
Oh, and my favorite vet tech of all times, Matt, is there.
We went for our first appointment last Friday, and I asked if there was anything I could do to help. (I was feeling a little overwhelmed thinking about what it takes to start a new practice -- all the stuff you need, the organizing, the envelope stuffing.) So I was expecting to pitch in in some menial way. However, I was asked to write a press release.
Uh sure. Back at home, I quickly googled for, what else, "How to write a press release," got a few tips, and after a couple of drafts back and forth, we came up with the following:
* * * * * * * * *
PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact:
Randy Caviness, DVM
Integrative Animal Health Center
556 Main Street, Route 117, Bolton MA
phone: (978) 779-2955
email: altvetdoc@comcast.net
Integrative Animal Health Center opens in Bolton MA
Bolton, MA. Oct 4, 2005.
Randy Caviness, DVM, proudly announces the opening of the Integrative Animal Health Center, in Bolton, MA. The Center provides complete conventional and alternative medical treatments to promote animal health.
In celebration of the opening, Integrative Animal Health Center is sponsoring an Open House on Sunday November 6, 1-3pm. The Open House will feature an opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the new facility and to meet the staff, including reiki practioner and animal massage therapists. There will be give-aways and opportunities to win introductory reiki, massage, acupuncture, or chiropractic treatments for your pet.
Dr. Randy Caviness, founder of the Center, and a practicing veterinarian for the past 12 years, graduated from Tufts School of Veterinary Medicine in 1993. He is also certified in veterinary acupuncture and chiropractic. Dr. Caviness says, "I'm excited to open the first clinic in this area that provides complete conventional veterinary care, integrated with alternative and complementary treatments. I take a practical approach to preventive, chronic, and disease care, drawing on many traditions to find the ideal treatment for each animal."
The Center offers annual checkups, vaccinations, preventive care, surgery, x-ray, dentistry, and help with prescriptions. The staff promises prompt feedback on lab results. The Center also offers acupuncture, chiropractic, nutritional consultations, massage therapy, and Chinese herb treatments.
Client Liz Augustine of Maynard says, "Dr. Caviness has treated my elderly cat with care and compassion. Through a combination of acupuncture, traditional medical care, and practical advice, he is helping my cat age gracefully. For the first time, she is happy and relaxed when she visits the vet."
The Center is a refreshingly bright, airy and comfortable place for animals and humans. It offers convenient appointment hours including some evenings and Saturday mornings. They are located at 556 Main Street in Bolton on Route 117, two doors west of the intersection with Interstate 495. For more information, call (978) 779-2955.
# # #
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment