Today I had a work meeting in a small nearby town. The place where we bought our carpet was on the route back to the office, so I stopped in. Unfortunately, a few days ago, I spilled half a cup of coffee while going upstairs :-(. Clumsy me. We now have three beautifully mottled steps. Robert cheerfully suggested that we toss several more cups of coffee at the staircase so that everything matches, but I'm thinking that perhaps we could do something about the original stain.
The door to the shop was wide open and I walked in. Lights were on; music was playing. And there was a note on the desk -- "I've had to step out for a few moments. Please use the phone to call me at (phone number)." I picked up the phone, dialed, left a message, and by the time I got home, there was a message waiting for me with a suggestion of something we could try and the number of a carpet cleaner.
I just can't imagine the same scenario closer to the city. Wouldn't the store be cleaned out or at least ransacked by the time the owner returned?
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment